Apple announces lineup, launches website for iTunes Festival in LondonApple on Wednesday announced some of the acts slated to perform at the annual iTunes Festival in London, with Justin Timberlake, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Jack Johnson headlining the concert series scheduled for September.
The 2013 iTunes Festival features over 60 artists who will play live at the Roundhouse in London, each taking a turn on stage as the series runs every night in September.
As per usual, performances will be streamed live to iOS users via a dedicated app, while iTunes and Apple TV owners get to watch gigs in high definition. On-demand replays will be available and customers can purchase and download performances through the iTunes Store.
This years iTunes Festival is the best ever with an incredible lineup of global superstars and stellar emerging artists, said Eddy Cue, Apples senior vice president of Internet Software and Services in a prepared statement. Music fans around the world are going to love watching this incredible month of music, whether in London at the Roundhouse or on their iOS device.
Tickets can't be purchased and will be doled out through contests via local media partners in the US, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Japan and Mexico. For those in the UK, tickets can be won through the iTunes Festival app, the iTunes Store, or in contests held by Channel 4, Global Radio and Metro.
Apple previously streamed live concerts with 2012's iTunes Festival and another featuring Sir Paul McCartney last February.
For the latest news on performances and scheduling, Apple has reactivated the same @itunesfestival Twitter account as last year.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage