Microsoft releases native Outlook Web Apps for iPhone, iPadMicrosoft on Tuesday launched its official Outlook Web App mail applications on the iOS App Store, with separate downloads optimized for both Apple's iPhone and iPad.
OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad are both available to download for free, providing users with a native Outlook Web App experience on iOS devices. In order to use the app, users must subscribe to Office 365 and have the latest update of Exchange Online.
AppleInsider was first to report last year that Microsoft was working on a native version of Outlook Web App for iOS. As expected, the new application uses the same tiled "Metro" interface found on Microsoft's other platforms, such as Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Outlook Web App for iOS requires an iPhone 4, iPad 2 or newer running iOS 6 or higher. Using OWA on iOS does not incur an additional charge for Office 365 subscribers.
Features of the application, as highlighted by Microsoft, include:
- Organize your email quickly with Conversation View, Mark as Junk, Flag, and Categories
- Quickly search or browse email in all folders including Outlook Favorites
- Manage your schedule with ease
- Schedule meetings using attendee free/busy and room finder
- View shared calendars including delegate support
- Use your voice to look up a contact or bring up your schedule
Keep business data secure
- Remote wipe erases only your corporate data in OWA for iPad and leaves your personal data on the device alone
- Separate passcode for OWA for iPad provides an additional layer of security
Both OWA for iPhone and OWA for iPad are 11.1-megabyte downloads.
On Topic: Microsoft
- First look: Microsoft's all-new Office 2016 for Mac public preview
- Apple's iPhone commands record high 89% of smartphone profits while Android plummets to record low
- Microsoft Band adds MapMyFitness & HealthVault support, but still no Apple HealthKit
- Microsoft adds iCloud save support to its Office suite for iOS
- iPhone 6 launch led Apple to 47.7% share of US market, edging Android's 47.6%