Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 03:08 pm PT (06:08 pm ET)
Adobe cuts Photoshop CC to $10 a month for Creative Suite users, throws in Lightroom for freeCurrent owners of certain versions of Photoshop Creative Suite can now take advantage of a special offer from Adobe, which is extending a considerable discount to those who want to upgrade to Creative Cloud subscriptions.
During the company's keynote at the Photoshop World conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday, Adobe announced a new deal for current owners of Photoshop CS3 or higher: they can upgrade to the Creative Cloud version of the software for a price of just $10 per month, or 50 percent off the normal going rate.
A post on Adobe's Creative Layer blog confirmed that the price is available for a limited time only and is good until December 31, 2013.
That $10 price tag will get users monthly access to Photoshop CC, which pushed out regular updates as soon as they become available. Subscribers also get a a copy of Lightroom 5, 20GB of online storage, a Behance ProSite and access to Creative Cloud Learn's training resources.
Adobe's offer represents a monthly savings of $10 or a yearly savings of $120 off the regular price of a single-app subscription. Adobe transitioned to a subscription model in May of this year, drawing complaints from some customers who wanted to stay with the regular software purchase model.
On Topic: General
- Apple to give $20K in college scholarships as part of diversity initiative
- With Apple's 'iWatch' around the corner, Wellograph releases sapphire smartwatch
- Apple says iCloud is safe and secure, stolen celebrity pics were targeted accounts
- Exclusive new aerial videos show Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 taking shape
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset