Apple seeds ninth OS X 10.8.5 beta to developers with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest version of the upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update to developers for testing.
According to people familiar with build 12F36, the Mountain Lion seed comes with no known issues and asks developers to focus on many of the same areas as previous releases.
Two new areas of interest were added to the usual graphics, Wi-Fi and wake from sleep functionality. With build 12F36, Apple requests testing of PDF viewing and accessibility and mobile device management.
The latest seed comes one day after the release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks Develooper Preview 7, and nearly one month after the last Mountain Lion beta was issued.
Apple is expected to release both the Mountain Lion maintenance update and next-generation Mavericks later this year.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple Xcode 8 beta now secured with digital signatures in .xip format
- 3rd-party Vulkan API could simplify porting graphics-intensive games to Metal on macOS, iOS
- Skype cloud shift will require OS X Yosemite or iOS 8 for full support on Apple devices
- Apple issues third macOS Sierra beta to developers
- MacKeeper threatens 14-year-old YouTube video maker with harassment suit