Apple seeds ninth OS X 10.8.5 beta to developers with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest version of the upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update to developers for testing.
According to people familiar with build 12F36, the Mountain Lion seed comes with no known issues and asks developers to focus on many of the same areas as previous releases.
Two new areas of interest were added to the usual graphics, Wi-Fi and wake from sleep functionality. With build 12F36, Apple requests testing of PDF viewing and accessibility and mobile device management.
The latest seed comes one day after the release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks Develooper Preview 7, and nearly one month after the last Mountain Lion beta was issued.
Apple is expected to release both the Mountain Lion maintenance update and next-generation Mavericks later this year.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft announces plans to bring MacBook Pro Touch Bar support to Office suite
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X with Magnetic Timeline, redesigned UI for new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes