Wednesday, September 04, 2013, 01:31 pm PT (04:31 pm ET)
Apple seeds ninth OS X 10.8.5 beta to developers with no known issuesApple on Wednesday seeded the latest version of the upcoming OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion maintenance update to developers for testing.
According to people familiar with build 12F36, the Mountain Lion seed comes with no known issues and asks developers to focus on many of the same areas as previous releases.
Two new areas of interest were added to the usual graphics, Wi-Fi and wake from sleep functionality. With build 12F36, Apple requests testing of PDF viewing and accessibility and mobile device management.
The latest seed comes one day after the release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks Develooper Preview 7, and nearly one month after the last Mountain Lion beta was issued.
Apple is expected to release both the Mountain Lion maintenance update and next-generation Mavericks later this year.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support