Walmart's launch-day discounts to offer Apple's iPhone 5c for $79, 5s for $189Those looking to pick up one of Apple's two new iPhones can save some money if they go to Walmart, as the retail giant is offering both devices at a discount from the time they launch.
Walmart will be offering 16GB models of both the iPhone 5c and the iPhone 5s at a discount, according to Cnet. The 16GB 5c will sell for $79, while the 16GB 5s will sell for $189, savings of $20 and $10, respectively.
The iPhone 5c will be available at the listed price beginning Friday, September 13, when preorders for the device begin. Customers must preorder at a physical Walmart location, though. Those orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and they must be picked up by September 25.
As there will be no preorder period for the iPhone 5s, customers will have to pick up that device in stores when it launches on September 20.
Pricing on both phones is contingent upon a customer signing up for a new, two-year contract with Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint. Customers waiting until Saturday, September 21, will also be able to take advantage of Walmart's new trade-in program. Depending on the condition of the device traded in, customers can receive up to $300 in store credit toward the purchase of a new smartphone. Those new phones will have to be activated in-store for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, or Walmart's pre-paid wireless service.
On Topic: iPhone
- Todoist for iOS gets major upgrades, New York Times creates 'one-sentence stories' for Apple Watch
- Reviewers say Samsung's Galaxy S6 tops Android heap, but S6 Edge is solution in search of problem
- Two-thirds of Apple Pay users running into problems at checkout, survey claims
- Adobe debuts Comp CC for iPad, Facebook Messenger gets third-party hooks, Google Drive enables automatic backups
- Apple embarks on wave of new battery-related job hires, targets iOS improvements