Thursday, September 12, 2013, 06:49 am PT (09:49 am ET)
Walmart's launch-day discounts to offer Apple's iPhone 5c for $79, 5s for $189Those looking to pick up one of Apple's two new iPhones can save some money if they go to Walmart, as the retail giant is offering both devices at a discount from the time they launch.
Walmart will be offering 16GB models of both the iPhone 5c and the iPhone 5s at a discount, according to Cnet. The 16GB 5c will sell for $79, while the 16GB 5s will sell for $189, savings of $20 and $10, respectively.
The iPhone 5c will be available at the listed price beginning Friday, September 13, when preorders for the device begin. Customers must preorder at a physical Walmart location, though. Those orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and they must be picked up by September 25.
As there will be no preorder period for the iPhone 5s, customers will have to pick up that device in stores when it launches on September 20.
Pricing on both phones is contingent upon a customer signing up for a new, two-year contract with Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint. Customers waiting until Saturday, September 21, will also be able to take advantage of Walmart's new trade-in program. Depending on the condition of the device traded in, customers can receive up to $300 in store credit toward the purchase of a new smartphone. Those new phones will have to be activated in-store for Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, or Walmart's pre-paid wireless service.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple to stick with Samsung for A8 chip, final manufacturing prep underway - report
- AT&T drops price of 2GB no-contract plan by $15, T-Mobile doubles down on 'Simple Choice'
- Report: iPhone 5s to soon account for 1 in 5 iPhones, 5c growth stagnant
- Russia's Megafon deal with Apple, Inc. guarantees sales of 750k iPhones over 3 years
- Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners