Monday, September 16, 2013, 04:29 pm PT (07:29 pm ET)
Apple seeds eighth OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer PreviewAs an anticipated launch date nears, Apple on Monday pushed out OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 8 to developers with no major changes.
Continuing with its release cycle, Apple's latest dev preview comes two weeks after the previous version was seeded at the beginning of September.
LIke the most recent developer previews, it appears that today's comes with only minor changes to the forthcoming operating system, people familiar with the release said. Of note, work on iCloud Keychain stability issues continues, though areas of focus remain unchanged from Preview 7.
When Apple launches OS X 10.9 Mavericks later this fall, it will come with iBooks, Finder Tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among other new features.
Developers can download the OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 8 via Software Update.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases Safari 7.1 and 6.2, OS X Server 3.2 betas to developers
- Apple updates pro-level video suite with fixes for Final Cut Pro X, Compressor and Motion
- Mailbox for Mac hits public beta, adds synced drafts and 'snooze to desktop' feature
- Rumor: Undisclosed security breach cause of Apple's new Gatekeeper app signing policy
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 6, Xcode 6 beta 6