Apple announces new OS X Mavericks build to AppleSeed members, drops 'Developer Preview' statusApple on Thursday notified members of its AppleSeed program that a new build OS X 10.9 Mavericks was available for download, but this time the messages contained no mention of "Developer Preview," prompting some to speculate that work on the next-generation Mac operating system is nearing completion.
The latest Mavericks beta, dubbed Build 13A598, comes just over two weeks after the previous version was seeded in mid-September.
People familiar with the seed note the email no longer contains the words "Developer Preview," as did all previous versions up to this point. As seen above, the title has been changed to "OS X Mavericks."
As with the most recent developer previews, today's seed comes with no major changes to the forthcoming OS, people familiar with the release said.
When Apple launches OS X 10.9 Mavericks later this fall, it will come with iBooks, Finder Tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among other new features.
Members of the AppleSeed program can download the OS X 10.9 Mavericks via Software Update in the Mac App Store.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple adds TRIM support for aftermarket SSDs in OS X 10.10.4
- GarageBand 10.1 for Mac adds Force Touch, Apple Music Connect publishing [u]
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 with Mail, Photos improvements, 'discoveryd' fix
- New iOS 8.4 will enable Apple Music, Beats 1 on Tuesday; Sonos, Android support coming later this year
- Adobe addresses new 'actively exploited' critical vulnerability in Flash, users urged to update