Monday, October 14, 2013, 08:04 pm PT (11:04 pm ET)
Wi-Fi syncing, new Web browser options added in '1Password' for iOS updateFollowing the recent release of 1Password 4 for Mac, developer AgileBits on Monday released an accompanying point update for the iOS version of its popular password storage and digital wallet software, restoring features like Wi-Fi syncing and fixing multiple compatibility issues.
With today's update, 1Password for iOS hit version 4.3, bringing a host of bug fixes, a new Web browser selection feature and better compatibility with the app's Mac client.
One of the most substantial additions is the ability to change the built-in browser's user-agent from the default "1Browser" to Safari, Chrome or Firefox. The new option is meant to help users having trouble with webpages or sites that may not load when opened from within 1Password.
Among the fixes is restored Wi-Fi syncing between the iOS and Mac versions of the app. When AgileBits released 1Password 4 for Mac last week, cross-platform syncing was deactivated, limiting users to hardwired data transfer or cloud-based methods via Dropbox and iCloud. Along with the return of Wi-Fi syncs, custom icons added to saved passwords on the Mac version now appear correctly with 1Password for iOS.
As for iOS 7 support, the latest app version brings improved initial iCloud sync performance, faster search speeds and the ability to receive diagnostic information in the form of an email.
Bug fixes account for most of the changes made to 1Password, however, and include:
- Fixed visual issues with search results on iOS 7.
- Fixed bug that where 1Password process did not terminate after Erase Data.
- Fixed problem where iCloud sync did not start automatically on the initial launch.
- Fixed bug where it was not possible to change the name of an item.
- Fixed sorting and indentation of folders when viewing them in the popover.
- Fixed crash when using voice over and generate password.
- Fixed crash when syncing with Dropbox.
- Fixed problem where sync status would always be shown at the very beginning for a few seconds when switching to the settings view.
1Password for iOS version 4.3 comes in at 24.8MB and can be purchased for $17.99 from the App Store. Existing users can download the app for free.
On Topic: App Store
- Facebook introduces anonymous chat app 'Rooms'
- Apple expands TestFlight iOS app beta invitations to 1,000 users
- First look: Pixelmator for iPad takes powerful image editing on-the-go
- AppleInsider 2.0 for iPhone and iPad now available as free downloads from Apple's App Store
- Dropbox update adds support for Touch ID login, larger iPhone 6 & 6 Plus screens