Friday, October 18, 2013, 03:29 pm PT (06:29 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X 10.9 Mavericks Server GM to developers ahead of Oct. 22 special eventApple on Friday released the Golden Master version of its upcoming OS X 10.9 Mavericks Server to developers, signaling that work on the forthcoming software has been completed.
Friday's seed, dubbed build 13S440, comes a little over two weeks after Apple issued the final version of OS X 10.9 Mavericks to developers at the beginning of October.
With both the consumer and server versions of the next-generation Mac operating system seeded, it is anticipated that Apple will soon release Mavericks to the public. While no official release date has been set, the OS is anticipated to be announced at an upcoming special event scheduled for next week.
Apple on Tuesday sent out invitations for its special media event, at which many expect the company to unveil a fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini. AppleInsider will be at the event offering live coverage from 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support