Apple releases iOS 7.0.3 with support for iCloud Keychain, Touch ID tweaksFollowing the unveiling of its latest iPads on Tuesday, Apple released iOS 7.0.3, the latest minor software update for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, bringing about iCloud Keychain password saving integration with the newly released OS X Mavericks.
With iOS 7.0.3, users' passwords and other data can be saved and synced across devices, safely and securely. iCloud Keychain will keep track of account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all approved devices.
A new Password Generator has also been added to the Safari browser, giving unique, hard-to-guess passwords for online accounts.
iOS 7.0.3 also updates the lock screen on the iPhone 5s to delay the display of "slide to unlock" when Touch ID is in use.
In addition, the update also addresses an issue where iMessages would fail to send for some users. The update also reportedly fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating.
Other changes in the update, according to Apple, include:
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps
- Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
- Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
- Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervized when updating software
The update is available for iPad generations two through four, the iPad mini, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, and the fifth-generation iPod touch.
On Topic: iOS
- Apple Pay in-app transactions rapidly expanding beyond NFC payment terminals
- Apple drops third betas of iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2, and tvOS 9.2 [u]
- Apple rejects indie game The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth over child violence
- Apple adds server-to-server web service requests to CloudKit
- Apple adds 20 Flyover cities, new Traffic and Nearby data to Maps