Rovio's Angry Birds Go! racing game hits Apple's App StoreThe newest entry in the popular Angry Birds franchise, a Mario Kart-like downhill racer set in a new three-dimensional world, is now available for download on the App Store.
Angry Birds Go! is the 14th entry in the formidable birds-versus-pigs series and represents a radical departure from its siblings. Rather than slingshotting birds at the pigs' poorly-constructed houses, players can take control of carts piloted by characters from both sides.
Rovio has transformed Angry Birds's environment from 2D to 3D for the new racer, and the game comes with a large assortment of tracks that include standard racetracks, stunt roads, air courses, ad off-road races. Like Nintendo's seminal entry in the genre, powerups are available to collect throughout each course.
Also making its way into the game is Rovio's Telepods system. Telepods are specially-designed character figures, produced by Hasbro, which will appear in-game when scanned with a device's camera. Telepods made their debut with Angry Birds Star Wars II.
Angry Birds Go! is available now as a free, 97.7-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: Games
- E3 2016: 'Clapper' merges DDR, 'Pat-A-Cake' for rhythm gaming via iPad camera
- E3 2016: 'Block'hood' represents the Mac at console-dominated gaming show
- E3 2016: 'Little Lords of Twilight' tactical strategy game coming to iOS this fall
- Gamevice iOS gaming controllers gain prime real estate at Apple retail stores
- Nintendo's 'Fire Emblem' & 'Animal Crossing' franchises coming to phones, tablets