Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 07:02 am PT (10:02 am ET)
Rovio's Angry Birds Go! racing game hits Apple's App StoreThe newest entry in the popular Angry Birds franchise, a Mario Kart-like downhill racer set in a new three-dimensional world, is now available for download on the App Store.
Angry Birds Go! is the 14th entry in the formidable birds-versus-pigs series and represents a radical departure from its siblings. Rather than slingshotting birds at the pigs' poorly-constructed houses, players can take control of carts piloted by characters from both sides.
Rovio has transformed Angry Birds's environment from 2D to 3D for the new racer, and the game comes with a large assortment of tracks that include standard racetracks, stunt roads, air courses, ad off-road races. Like Nintendo's seminal entry in the genre, powerups are available to collect throughout each course.
Also making its way into the game is Rovio's Telepods system. Telepods are specially-designed character figures, produced by Hasbro, which will appear in-game when scanned with a device's camera. Telepods made their debut with Angry Birds Star Wars II.
Angry Birds Go! is available now as a free, 97.7-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: games
- Google brings popular augmented reality game Ingress to Apple's iOS
- SteelSeries announces Stratus XL full-size game controller for iPhone, iPad
- Razer unveils slide-out iPhone gamepad as Apple plans iOS 8 controller forwarding support for iPad, Mac
- Apple extinguishes popular marijuana growing game 'Weed Firm' from iOS App Store
- iPhone games hit the big-time & find new success with their own TV commercials