Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 02:27 pm PT (05:27 pm ET)
Apple seeds OS X Server 3.1 Preview to developersLess than one week after Apple released the second OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 beta, the company on Tuesday issued OS X Server 3.1 Preview to developers for testing, with changes focusing on the software's Profile Manager.
According to people familiar with OS X Server 3.1 Preview build 13S4076f, the server software addresses a Profile Manager problem in which syntax errors appeared in migration SQL.
There are two known issues with the current build. In Profile Manager, the "+" and "-" buttons within the payload editor do not add or remove a payload when administering from an iPad, while bot creation may skip from Step 2 to Step 4 in the Xcode Server Web UI. For the latter, Apple suggests restarting Safari as a workaround.
In order to test the software, users must be running the recently released OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 beta maintenance update on their Mac. With that update, Apple is asking developers to again focus on Mail, which has seen a number of problems since it launched with Mavericks last October.
Developers can download the latest OS X Server 3.1 Preview via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks beta to developers with minor changes
- Apple issues iMovie for Mac update with new features, bug fixes
- Apple releases Xcode 5.1.1 update with bug fixes, stability improvements
- Apple issues sixth OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks seed to developers with minor tweaks
- Dropbox bringing Mailbox to the Mac, launches new Carousel photo app