Friday, March 07, 2014, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partnersPebble on Friday announced a trio of new partners for its wrist-worn platform, with official applications from eBay, Evernote and Time Warner Cable now available on the Pebble app store.
eBay, Evernote and Time Warner's Intelligent Home for Pebble.
The new eBay application for Pebble allows users to quickly access their eBay Feeds and discover products, while products can be added to Watch Lists with the press of a button. Evernote also gives access to Checklists, Reminders and Notebooks on the wrist, while Time Warner Cable allows Intelligent Home subscribers to control their home on their Pebble.
Also launched this week was the new Digital DriveStyle application from Mercedes-Benz, providing drivers with glanceable vehicle information, road hazards and speed notifications on their wrists.
Friday's new application debuts coincided with the launch of the Pebble app store for Android smartphone owners. The Pebble app store has been available on Apple's iOS platform for over a month.
Flagship partners for Pebble at last month's iOS launch were Foursquare, Yelp, GoPro, and ESPN. The app store is compatible with all Pebble watches, from the earliest Kickstarter-backed units to the new Pebble Steel, which AppleInsider reviewed earlier this week.
Pebble said on Friday that the launch of the app store on Android took "a bit longer than expected" in order to ensure that the platform was up to par with what iOS users have had for the last month.
On Topic: iPhone
- Rumor: Production for new iPad mini, iPad Air, & 5.5" 'iPhone 6' pushed to Sept.
- Photos purportedly show 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6' flex cables for volume & wake/sleep control
- IBM began mass adoption of iOS prior to its exclusive partnership with Apple, Inc.
- iOS apps Square & IFTTT launch automation tie-up for merchants
- Review roundup: Fire Phone is good for Amazon, but doesn't stack up to competitors