SV150: Apple, Inc. earns more than HP, Google, Intel & Cisco combinedA listing of Silicon Valley's top companies points out that Apple now brings in more revenue ($174 billion) than second place Hewlett Packard and third place Google combined, and earns more money ($37 billion) than the rest of the top five together.
The SV150 is compiled by the region's San Jose Mercury News from Bloomberg data and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings of the companies
Despite its leadership position in revenues and profits, investors have valued Apple with a market capitalization that's only about 70 percent of the combined value of HP, Google, Intel and Cisco.
The region's eleventh largest firm, Facebook, has a market cap that's nearly a third the size of Apple's, despite revenues that are just 4 percent of the iPhone maker's, and profits that are less than 4 percent of Apple's earnings.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple's December 2016 quarter could gain extra week, helping sales of next iPhone
- Apple's June quarter predicted to be 'neutral event' for stock price, 'good enough' for investors
- Pokemon Go could add $3B to Apple revenues, analyst says
- Unexpected success of iPhone SE predicted to drop Apple's average selling price to $637
- 'Very low' expectations for Apple earnings set up positive risk/reward, Wells Fargo says