SV150: Apple, Inc. earns more than HP, Google, Intel & Cisco combinedA listing of Silicon Valley's top companies points out that Apple now brings in more revenue ($174 billion) than second place Hewlett Packard and third place Google combined, and earns more money ($37 billion) than the rest of the top five together.
The SV150 is compiled by the region's San Jose Mercury News from Bloomberg data and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filings of the companies
Despite its leadership position in revenues and profits, investors have valued Apple with a market capitalization that's only about 70 percent of the combined value of HP, Google, Intel and Cisco.
The region's eleventh largest firm, Facebook, has a market cap that's nearly a third the size of Apple's, despite revenues that are just 4 percent of the iPhone maker's, and profits that are less than 4 percent of Apple's earnings.
On Topic: Investor
- Apple revenue from China forecast to fall 15% this year due to marketwide smartphone slowdown
- Apple stock posts longest losing streak in 18 years
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear on CNBC's 'Mad Money' Monday night
- Apple, Samsung, Facebook, Amazon & the case of the 'very bad' Q2
- Apple buybacks to resume on Friday, gobbling up stock priced near the lowest of 2016