Apple's Mac Pro ship times improve to 3-4 weeksExactly one week after Apple improved shipping estimates for its flagship Mac Pro desktop to three to five weeks, the company has again cut down on wait times with orders now showing delivery dates of less than one month.
Demand for Apple's redesigned Mac Pro has been outstripping supply since its debut in December, but a look at the Online Apple Store shows Apple is quickly catching up.
Spotted by AppleInsider reader Rolando, all configurations are now available within three to four weeks, the new estimates bring estimated shipping times to one month or below for the first time since launch.
Ship-by dates have slowly improved over the past few months, with checks in April showing estimates at 5-6 weeks, which moved up to 4-6 weeks on Apr. 11 and 4-5 weeks on Apr. 18. Last week Apple improved availability to 3-5 weeks.
The Online Apple Store is still the only place to buy the most powerful Mac ever as in-store supplies are non-existent. In January, Apple said it didn't expect to have models available at brick-and-mortar Apple Stores until at least March. In hindsight that guess was a bit optimistic.
As Apple stocks up on inventory, authorized resellers like MacMall and Adorama have limited supplies of select Mac Pro configurations, which can be seen in AppleInsider's live Price Guides.
On Topic: Mac Pro
- Potential reference to new Mac Pro found in OS X El Capitan code
- Lowest Prices Ever: Save $100s on all Mac Pros, each with Free AppleCare and Free Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic Mouse; Apple Thunderbolt Displays for $750
- Apple's latest Mac Pro continues to cause problems for professional users
- Killer Deal: Free AppleCare with all iMac 5Ks & Mac Pros plus $50-$275 instant discounts, tax savings
- PSW14 Deals: $600 off DSLRs, $300 off Pentax Lenses, $260 off Mac Pros, plus hundreds off lighting systems, kits & more