New video purports to show 3D mockup of 'iPhone 6' with larger, 4.7" displayA new video released Thursday provides a close-up view at what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple's new, larger iPhone, likely based on recent rumors and leaked schematics of the next-generation device.
The model sports rounded edges, a relocated power button, and a rounded flash, matching up with what many believe the device will look like. The video was first published by French blog nowhereelse.fr.
According to the publication, the model also lines up with previous rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section. That was said to be so svelte that Apple was having trouble manufacturing batteries to fit within its profile.
A similar mockup came to light earlier this week, featuring a slightly protruding rear camera, which this new video does not show. Some believe that Apple initially planned to ship the so-called iPhone 6 with such a design but later altered the internal layout to allow for a flat rear casing.
The iPhone is widely expected to be revamped this fall, likely with two new models — one with a 4.7-inch display and a second, 5.5-inch "phablet" variant.
On Topic: iPhone
- Sight unseen, consumers are more excited about Apple's 'iPhone 7' than they were for iPhone 6s
- Kohl's becomes first Apple Pay retailer to link rewards, store cards in one transaction
- Judge overturns Brazilian WhatsApp shutdown in continuing fight over encrypted data
- Apple loses exclusive rights to 'iPhone' trademark for non-smartphone products in China
- Apple Pay picks up over 20 more US banks including Texas' Moody National