New video purports to show 3D mockup of 'iPhone 6' with larger, 4.7" displayA new video released Thursday provides a close-up view at what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple's new, larger iPhone, likely based on recent rumors and leaked schematics of the next-generation device.
The model sports rounded edges, a relocated power button, and a rounded flash, matching up with what many believe the device will look like. The video was first published by French blog nowhereelse.fr.
According to the publication, the model also lines up with previous rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section. That was said to be so svelte that Apple was having trouble manufacturing batteries to fit within its profile.
A similar mockup came to light earlier this week, featuring a slightly protruding rear camera, which this new video does not show. Some believe that Apple initially planned to ship the so-called iPhone 6 with such a design but later altered the internal layout to allow for a flat rear casing.
The iPhone is widely expected to be revamped this fall, likely with two new models — one with a 4.7-inch display and a second, 5.5-inch "phablet" variant.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple Pay gains support for 29 more US financial institutions, including Scottrade
- iPhone 6s display teardown offers close-up look at 3D Touch sensor
- Tests confirm marginal difference between Samsung, TSMC-made A9 chips in Apple's iPhone 6s
- Facebook adds support for 3D Touch on iPhone 6s, Office for iOS gets automatic font downloads
- Judge looks to jumpstart public encryption debate with Apple iPhone unlocking case