We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
New video purports to show 3D mockup of 'iPhone 6' with larger, 4.7" displayA new video released Thursday provides a close-up view at what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple's new, larger iPhone, likely based on recent rumors and leaked schematics of the next-generation device.
The model sports rounded edges, a relocated power button, and a rounded flash, matching up with what many believe the device will look like. The video was first published by French blog nowhereelse.fr.
According to the publication, the model also lines up with previous rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section. That was said to be so svelte that Apple was having trouble manufacturing batteries to fit within its profile.
A similar mockup came to light earlier this week, featuring a slightly protruding rear camera, which this new video does not show. Some believe that Apple initially planned to ship the so-called iPhone 6 with such a design but later altered the internal layout to allow for a flat rear casing.
The iPhone is widely expected to be revamped this fall, likely with two new models — one with a 4.7-inch display and a second, 5.5-inch "phablet" variant.
On Topic: iPhone
- BlackBerry to exit hardware business, stop making smartphones, as financial skid continues
- Sao Paulo joins list of cities with Apple Maps transit directions
- Supply chain report again notes dramatic increase in Apple iPhone 7 orders
- Apple's iPhone 7 camera tops competition despite smaller sensor in DxOMark review
- Occipital brings room-scale VR to iPhone with $500 dev kit headset