New video purports to show 3D mockup of 'iPhone 6' with larger, 4.7" displayA new video released Thursday provides a close-up view at what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple's new, larger iPhone, likely based on recent rumors and leaked schematics of the next-generation device.
The model sports rounded edges, a relocated power button, and a rounded flash, matching up with what many believe the device will look like. The video was first published by French blog nowhereelse.fr.
According to the publication, the model also lines up with previous rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section. That was said to be so svelte that Apple was having trouble manufacturing batteries to fit within its profile.
A similar mockup came to light earlier this week, featuring a slightly protruding rear camera, which this new video does not show. Some believe that Apple initially planned to ship the so-called iPhone 6 with such a design but later altered the internal layout to allow for a flat rear casing.
The iPhone is widely expected to be revamped this fall, likely with two new models —one with a 4.7-inch display and a second, 5.5-inch "phablet" variant.
On Topic: iPhone
- Samsung still No. 1 smartphone vendor, but Note 7 knocked marketshare back to 2014
- Apple to release 4.7" and 5.5" 'iPhone 8' models, no 5" version for 2017
- 'iPhone 8' to come in three sizes, feature glass backs across the board - report
- Elgato debuts standalone Eve Light Switch for Apple's HomeKit
- AT&T charges US law enforcement for access to customer data