New video purports to show 3D mockup of 'iPhone 6' with larger, 4.7" displayA new video released Thursday provides a close-up view at what appears to be a 3D printed mockup of Apple's new, larger iPhone, likely based on recent rumors and leaked schematics of the next-generation device.
The model sports rounded edges, a relocated power button, and a rounded flash, matching up with what many believe the device will look like. The video was first published by French blog nowhereelse.fr.
According to the publication, the model also lines up with previous rumors of a slim, 6-millimeter cross-section. That was said to be so svelte that Apple was having trouble manufacturing batteries to fit within its profile.
A similar mockup came to light earlier this week, featuring a slightly protruding rear camera, which this new video does not show. Some believe that Apple initially planned to ship the so-called iPhone 6 with such a design but later altered the internal layout to allow for a flat rear casing.
The iPhone is widely expected to be revamped this fall, likely with two new models — one with a 4.7-inch display and a second, 5.5-inch "phablet" variant.
On Topic: iPhone
- Possible Apple Lightning-to-headphone adapter for 'iPhone 7' spotted in new photos
- Apple's iPhone seen as tipping point for OLED dominance by 2020
- Cirrus Logic shares rise on Apple iPhone, other devices dropping 3.5mm headphone jacks
- 'iPhone 7' preorders rumored to kick off on Sept. 9
- Upthere cloud services store all users' data in the cloud, with no local storage