Facebook brings right-hand column to iPad with new discovery featuresSocial networking behemoth Facebook on Monday updated their iPad app with a new right-hand column that brings tablet users faster and easier access to trending content and games.
The new layout will be familiar to users of Facebook on the web, with a content column appearing on the right-hand side of the screen when the iPad is held in landscape mode. Facebook calls the change a test, meaning not every user will see the new feature.
Gaming is the new section's primary focus, with Facebook making it easy to quickly tap and play users' favorite iPad games. The company will also surface games it believes users might want to play based on their social network.
Developers may be able to advertise their games there in the future, Facebook said.
Additionally, the section will include trending topics and trending videos. Both lists are dynamically generated for each user based on their interests and content that is popular among their social circle.
Facebook version 11.0 is available now as a free, 62.2-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- Yelp comes to Apple Watch in latest app update, brings nearby business discovery, search, ratings, more
- AppleInsider's iOS app gets support for native iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen resolutions, Apple Watch companion app in update
- IFTTT's streamlined 'Do' apps get Apple Watch treatment, iPad support
- Apple's iOS App Store widens revenue lead over Google Play in Q1 2015
- Microsoft updates Office 2016 for Mac Preview, intros new iPhone apps for Office 365