Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 03:30 pm PT (06:30 pm ET)
Apple TV to get FXNOW with integrated 'Simpsons World' within 12 monthsPopular basic cable network FX will supposedly bring its FXNOW on-demand video service, as well as the upcoming Simpsons World, to Apple TV within the next 12 months, expanding the set-top streamer's content with shows like Louie, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story and more.
According to a tweet from TV writer Jason Lynch, FX Networks will extend its digital offerings, which include shows from FX, FXX and FXM, to dedicated Internet streaming devices like the Apple TV, Roku and others. The tweet was first reported by iLounge.
Lynch, reporting from the Television Critics Association tour, said Simpsons World will be part of FXNOW on Apple TV, not a standalone channel as some previously speculated. The forthcoming service will provide on-demand viewing of all all 522 episodes of The Simpsons, as well as additional content through an iOS app.
Expected to hit Apple TV within the next 12 months, both services will require users to enter cable provider credentials before activation.
FX Networks currently makes FXNOW available as an iOS app, while Simpsons World is expected to roll out in October as both an app and integrated service for set-top streamers.
On Topic: Apple TV
- HBO to begin offering standalone streaming subscriptions in 2015 - report
- Philips TVs bundled with Apple TV launch in India as part of alleged partnership [u]
- Latest Apple TV update enables remote access relay for HomeKit connected accessories
- 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'American Horror Story' come to Apple TV with new FXNOW channel
- Apple surreptitiously adds HomeKit support to recent Apple TVs - report