Apple TV to get FXNOW with integrated 'Simpsons World' within 12 monthsPopular basic cable network FX will supposedly bring its FXNOW on-demand video service, as well as the upcoming Simpsons World, to Apple TV within the next 12 months, expanding the set-top streamer's content with shows like Louie, Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story and more.
According to a tweet from TV writer Jason Lynch, FX Networks will extend its digital offerings, which include shows from FX, FXX and FXM, to dedicated Internet streaming devices like the Apple TV, Roku and others. The tweet was first reported by iLounge.
Lynch, reporting from the Television Critics Association tour, said Simpsons World will be part of FXNOW on Apple TV, not a standalone channel as some previously speculated. The forthcoming service will provide on-demand viewing of all all 522 episodes of The Simpsons, as well as additional content through an iOS app.
Expected to hit Apple TV within the next 12 months, both services will require users to enter cable provider credentials before activation.
FX Networks currently makes FXNOW available as an iOS app, while Simpsons World is expected to roll out in October as both an app and integrated service for set-top streamers.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple Music seen as gateway for streaming TV service, may need 30M subscribers to succeed
- CBS to stream Super Bowl 50, AFC playoffs & two regular-season NFL games free to Apple TV
- Next-gen Apple TV priced at $149, will include universal search for finding content across providers
- Apple eyes move into original video programming, report says
- NFL Game Pass comes to Apple TV with updated app