Office for iPad update adds support for third-party fonts, ability to send as PDFMicrosoft's Office for iPad suite, which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint, was given a significant update on Thursday, giving users the ability to utilize third-party fonts in Word, and the option to export files as PDFs in all three programs, among other new additions.
Both Word and Excel now have the ability to send their respective file types as PDFs. And Word now offers third-party fonts available from the Fonts menu.
Word 1.1 now also comes with Picture Tools, which let users crop to focus on a specific part of a photo. The feature also has a reset button to undo any changes.
Excel 1.1 adds Flick to Select, allowing users to flick a cell's selection handle in any direction to quickly and easily select all the data in a row or column.
As for PowerPoint 1.1, it gains a new Presenter View, which lets users view and edit speaker notes, see their next slide, or jump to other slides while presenting. A new Play Media function lets users play videos, sound effects and background music while presenting, and Insert Video gives the ability to insert videos from an iPad Camera Roll.
All three updates launched Thursday and are now available on the App Store. The software is free to download and allows users to view files, but any editing requires a subscription to Office 365 Home, which is available as an in-app purchase.
On Topic: Microsoft
- Microsoft's new Surface Pro 4 ad targets feature gaps in Apple's MacBook Air
- Microsoft updates Word Flow iOS keyboard with built-in search tools, 3D Touch & more
- Microsoft ad says Apple's iPad Pro Smart Keyboard doesn't make it a real computer
- Oops: Microsoft leaks its Golden Key, unlocking Windows Secure Boot and exposing the danger of backdoors
- Popular iOS keyboard SwiftKey disables sync feature after data leak is discovered