Office for iPad update adds support for third-party fonts, ability to send as PDFMicrosoft's Office for iPad suite, which includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint, was given a significant update on Thursday, giving users the ability to utilize third-party fonts in Word, and the option to export files as PDFs in all three programs, among other new additions.
Both Word and Excel now have the ability to send their respective file types as PDFs. And Word now offers third-party fonts available from the Fonts menu.
Word 1.1 now also comes with Picture Tools, which let users crop to focus on a specific part of a photo. The feature also has a reset button to undo any changes.
Excel 1.1 adds Flick to Select, allowing users to flick a cell's selection handle in any direction to quickly and easily select all the data in a row or column.
As for PowerPoint 1.1, it gains a new Presenter View, which lets users view and edit speaker notes, see their next slide, or jump to other slides while presenting. A new Play Media function lets users play videos, sound effects and background music while presenting, and Insert Video gives the ability to insert videos from an iPad Camera Roll.
All three updates launched Thursday and are now available on the App Store. The software is free to download and allows users to view files, but any editing requires a subscription to Office 365 Home, which is available as an in-app purchase.
On Topic: Microsoft
- Microsoft set to axe nearly 2,000 jobs in bid to 'streamline' smartphone biz
- Microsoft sells Nokia feature phone division to Foxconn for $350M
- US regulators probe Apple, Google, Verizon & others on security patches
- Microsoft embraces Apple's 3D Touch in OneDrive update
- Microsoft begins warning users it will cut free OneDrive storage to 5GB, matching Apple's iCloud