Apple's 'Shot on iPhone 6' campaign goes global with billboards, ad spacesAfter launching its "Shot on iPhone 6" ad campaign on Sunday, works from Apple's "World Gallery" are now showing up on billboards, static ad spaces and in magazines in far flung locales around the globe.
Apple's new "Shot on iPhone 6" billboards went up on Monday. | Source: Julian Bialowas via Twitter
The worldwide ad blitz comes one day after Apple rolled out a special page on its website titled World Gallery, which shows off the iPhone's image capture capabilities by featuring some 60 photographs taken by iPhone 6 users. Instead of contracting proven artists, Apple harvested images from around the Web to create the "Shot on iPhone 6" collection.
One of the featured artists, photographer Julian Bialowas, recognized his work on an Apple billboard today and subsequently started a running list of cities where the ads are popping up. So far, "Shot on iPhone 6" ads have been spotted across the North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and East Asia.
Alongside large billboard installations and smaller venues like London's Tube, Apple's iPhone-centric ads are showing up in print publications.
As with most recent iPhone campaigns, "Shot on iPhone 6" throws a spotlight on apps, which in this case includes photography, videography and image editing software. The company's World Gallery webpage features numerous apps like VSCO Cam, Camera+">, Afterlight and more.
Those interested can check out Apple's "Shot on iPhone" App Store collection, which is designed to help iPhone owners get the most out of their equipment.
On Topic: iPhone
- Sources: iPhone 6 series 'touch disease' now accounting for about 11% of Apple Store repairs
- 'iPhone 7' production affected by low yields on waterproof speaker, dual camera - report
- Intel plots attack on Apple's partnership with TSMC, looks to build A-series chips by 2018
- Apple again rumored to axe iPhone home button in 2017
- Apple to integrate Japan's FeliCa tap-to-pay standard in next-gen iPhone, report says