Apple Music will arrive on Sonos via public beta program Dec. 15Sonos and Apple will launch support for the Apple Music subscription service this month on Dec. 15, though it will initially be available as a public beta to users of Sonos speaker systems.
Sonos announced on Monday that it has been working closely with Apple to bring Apple Music to its Sonos ecosystem. Beginning Dec. 15, the "early preview" will offer Sonos users access to their Apple Music library, as well as the features "For You," "New," and "Radio."
Beyond the initial beta period, general availability will start in early 2016. Sonos is now allowing customers to register for the beta program on its website.
"Many of our members love Sonos and want to enjoy our service throughout their homes," said Eddy Cue, Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. "We're thrilled to be working with Sonos to provide the Apple Music experience in even more places fans enjoy music."
Apple Music will be able to be controlled through the Sonos app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, as well as Mac, PC and Android phones. With Sonos speakers, users will be able to play their Apple msuic content in any or multiple rooms in their home.
"Streaming is bringing more music into everyone's lives — and that's a better life. The introduction of Apple Music marks an inflection point for streaming and its mass adoption," said Sonos co-founder and CEO John MacFarlane. "Now that we have access to virtually all the music on Earth, how music lovers listen to it is even more important. We are honored to bring Apple Music to Sonos listeners all over the world."
On Topic: iTunes
- Britney Spears' album 'Glory' debuts, but not as Apple Music exclusive
- Spotify allegedly retaliating against Apple Music exclusives by 'burying' artist content [u]
- UMG moratorium on exclusives may have killed Lady Gaga deal with Apple Music
- UK carrier EE, Germany's Deutsche Telekom expected to offer six months of free Apple Music
- Apple's iTunes ranks fourth in JD Power satisfaction survey for paid streaming video