Apple supplies developers, public testers with second beta of OS X 10.11.3Apple on Wednesday issued a second pre-release beta of OS X 10.11.3, a forthcoming maintenance and security update for the El Capitan Mac operating system.
Registered developers and members of Apple's public beta program can now download OS X 10.11.3 beta 2 from the Mac App Store.
As usual, Apple advises users to install the update on a system or partition they are prepared to erase if necessary. Systems updated to OS X 10.11.3 will not be able to revert back to a previous system after updating.
The first beta of OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan arrived last month.
Apple's last update for the Mac operating system, OS X 10.11.2, also arrived in December with a handful of improvements relating to Wi-Fi reliability, Handoff and AirDrop, Mail issues and iCloud Photo Sharing for Live Photos. The release also addressed a number of minor usability issues, bugs and security flaws.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Sony brings wireless PS4 DualShock 4 controller support to Mac with new $25 dongle
- Apple issues sixth public, seventh developer betas of macOS Sierra
- Google removing support for Chrome Apps in Mac browser by 2018
- Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac released with macOS Sierra support, Toolbox app
- Apple wins appeal in Time Machine tech patent infringement suit