Tommy Hilfiger's next fashion show to offer 'fast lane' for Apple Watch wearersFor its upcoming New York Fashion Week show, clothing brand Tommy Hilfiger will reportedly be offering speedier entry for people wearing an Apple Watch, including a dedicated fast lane to usher them in.
For this special treatment, invited guests will have to have a Watch with Fashion GPS Radar installed, according to Racked. The iPhone version of the app is already how many Fashion Week participants handle RSVPs, but was updated with Watch support on Monday. The Watch interface offers the ability to flash a QR code without pulling out a phone.
Hilfiger is the first fashion line to offer Watch-related privileges at an event, and is said to have collaborated with GPS Radar's developers on the effort.
Apple has tried to position the Apple Watch as a fashion object since before its launch, for instance through magazine spreads, events at boutiques, and celebrity product placements. One of the earliest recipients of the device was fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who like Beyonce was given a yellow gold Watch with a custom-made gold link bracelet.
Tommy Hilfiger's plans may suggest that the Watch has gained some traction. Apple is expected to continue its fashion focus at a March press event, where it may announce new bands and other customization options, including partnerships beyond its current ties with Hermes.
On Topic: Apple Watch
- Sept. 7 Apple event to be live streamed, Siri updated with relevant jokes
- Apple event invite inspires wild speculation about 'iPhone 7' iris scanning, bokeh, more
- Photo hints at bigger, 334mAh battery in second-gen Apple Watch
- Apple Watch with built-in cellular data unlikely to arrive this year - report
- Patent filing hints at Apple's future in consumer-driven healthcare monitoring