Apple Music, Sonos tout partnership with all-star 'music makes it home' TV spotWith Apple Music finally available on Sonos's connected speaker systems, the two firms are working together to get the word out with a new television ad featuring Killer Mike, The National's Matt Berninger, and St. Vincent.
Throughout the minute-long spot — which debuted during Monday night's Grammy Awards — the stars take turns extolling music's ability to liven up a home. Killer Mike thinks that a home without music feels "dead"; Berninger says a silent space "doesn't feel like a creative place."
"Turning on music in your house is almost like turning on the lights in your house," St. Vincent adds.
The voiceovers are accompanied by scenes of the performers and their families having fun, unsurprisingly, at home. Mura Masa's When U Need Me backs the second half of the spot.
Apple is ordinarily loathe to share its spotlight with other brands, making this a somewhat unusual marketing collaboration. It remains to be seen whether this marks a turning point in Apple's advertising strategy or is simply a one-off joint effort between complementary products.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5