Apple begins accepting iPad apps on the App Store
"iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today," the company wrote in an email to registered iPhone developers. "Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening."
In order to assure that they are part of the grand opening, Apple requested that developers submit their applications by March 27 and assure that they've taken the following steps.
- Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhoneÂ SDK 3.2Â betaÂ 5 will be accepted for this initial review.
- Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect byÂ Saturday,Â MarchÂ 27,Â 5pmÂ PDT.
- The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.
- You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.
- Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
The iPad goes on sale April 3rd in the United States.
AppleInsider has affiliate partnerships and may earn commission on products purchased through affiliate links. These partnerships do not influence our editorial content.