AppleInsider is supported by its audience and may earn commission as an Amazon Associate and affiliate partner on qualifying purchases. These affiliate partnerships do not influence our editorial content.
Apple's wearable mobile operating system received a minor maintenance update on Monday, with watchOS 3.1.1 bringing a range of bug fixes for the Apple Watch.
watchOS 3.1.1 is now available to download via the official Apple Watch app. Installing it requires that the Apple Watch itself be connected to power and have more than 50 percent battery remaining.
The update includes improvements and bug fixes. Items singled out by Apple are:
- Fixes an issue that could prevent contact names from appearing in the Messages app and notifications
- Fixes an issue that could impact ability to respond to notifications
- Resolves an issue where the Stocks complication may not update on the watch face
- Fixes an issue that may prevent the Activity rings from displaying on the Activity watch faces
- Fixes an issue that prevented the dials on an analog watch face from appearing after changing the temperature unit in the Weather app
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Maps app to stay launched after navigation has ended
- Resolves an issue where the incorrect date could be displayed in the Calendar app month view