Apple mostly touted the benefits of iOS 12 on the iPhone during the two-hour WWDC keynote, but that doesn't mean the iPad was overlooked. We've found 24 iPad-specific features that you may have missed.
One of the most talked about areas for the iPad was the new iPhone X inspired gestures including accessing the app switcher, invoking Control Center, jumping between apps, and going to the Home screen.
Photographers are also going to love the improvements to the photo import process, which has remained largely unchanged for years.
Watch the AppleInsider deep-dive video to see all the changes for yourself.
- Redesigned status bar with space in the center
- Date included in iPad Status Bar
- Swipe up to go to Home screen
- Swipe to go Home from the Lock Screen
- Swipe up to hold to access app switcher
- Swipe down on top right to access Control Center
- Control Center removed from App Switcher
- Quick switch between apps
- New Stocks app
- New Voice Memos app
- News has redesign
- Books has redesign (and new name)
- Updated Screen Recording Interface
- Trackpad cursor mode by holding on space bar
- Photo import and manage RAW photos on your iPhone and iPad and edit on your iPad Pro
- Photo import can show as an overlay above your other apps
- Photo import location can be changed
- During import, will sort photos that have already been added and put into a different section
- During import, progress circle is displayed. Tapping it gives you a counter
- Preview full-screen photos
- Improved import speed (especially with USB 3.0 reader)
- Photo counter and storage amount are displayed on the top right
- Context selection on second spotlight invocation using Smart Keyboard (or others)
- Editing camera photos options in Messages app, no effects
Dig deeper into iOS 12 with the AppleInsider roundup video highlighting well over 150 changes.