AppleInsider is growing, are you a good fit for our team?
AppleInsider is looking for passionate, energetic journalists with the determination to build and break influential stories on all things Apple.
In this role, you'll help drive one of the top technology publications on the Internet by keeping your finger on the pulse of the industry — whether it's dropping a bombshell story of your own regarding the iPhone maker, or being the first to cover and contextualize and insightful analysis of stories originating elsewhere.
As the next generation of Apple users immerse themselves in the company's ecosystem, you must earn their trust as their go-to expert, with deep knowledge of the company's storied history, current initiatives, and next steps.
Working at AppleInsider provides a major platform for a writer to establish a voice and distinct personality while connecting with a tech savvy worldwide audience of millions. This is a challenging and rewarding position that demands skill, expediency, and attention to detail in conjunction with the ability to collaborate and communicate with staff, plus help manage others in a fast-paced environment.
It isn't enough to just regurgitate a press release these days. You must have the knowledge and wisdom to educate readers on current events and technological innovations as they pertain to the average user of Apple products and the company's investor base. Comprehensive knowledge of all things Apple is not a qualification for this position in its own right. Ideal candidates must be skilled in the art of story telling, capturing and communicating the essence of each story to our vast audience.
This is a remote position, offering candidates the convenience of no commute. All locations and preferred work times will be considered.
Applicants must have:
- At least three years prior experience delivering clean, concise copy for a fast-paced online publication.
- A gift for quickly crafting headlines that not only capture the essence of a story at hand, but lure in readers with accuracy and precision.
- A fundamental understanding of SEO and how to enrich Stories and Headlines with best SEO practices.
- A healthy addiction to Social Media, especially as it pertains to Apple.
- Proficiency in authoring AP-styled news copy and the willingness to bring yourself up to speed rapidly.
- Not just technical aptitude with Apple products, but a keen understanding of how the company evolved over time, and how that pertains to today's news.
- The proven ability to produce accurate, exciting content under constant deadlines, week-in and week-out.
- Basic HTML skills.
- An infectious drive as a self-starter that inspires other team members.
While not necessary to apply, these additional qualifications would be seen as a bonus:
- Ability to travel at times
- Supervisory experience
- Podcasting experience
- Mac or iOS Development experience
- Close proximity to Silicon Valley
- Comprehensive understanding of financial markets
To apply, send us an email with your resume in plain text, and links to previous work.