Apple Black Friday Deals
Black Friday Apple Deals
The best Apple deals offer steep savings on AirPods, iPads, MacBook Pros and more.
Use coupon code APINSIDER with this pricing link in the same browsing session.
Black Friday 2022 has ended, but Apple deals at Amazon, Adorama, Expercom, Walmart, Best Buy, and B&H are in full effect leading up to Christmas.
Jump to store sales: Adorama.com | Amazon | BHPhotoVideo.com | Best Buy | Samsung| Target | Walmart
Apple Holiday Deals
Aggressive discounts are going on right now, with many promotions available exclusively for AppleInsider readers. Here are a few highlights:
- Grab the lowest price ever on Apple's standard 16-inch MacBook Pro
- Standard MacBook Air M2 falls to $1,049 with promo code APINSIDER at Adorama
- AirPods Pro 2 dip to $229 at Amazon
- B&H's latest Apple price drops offer up to $900 off current MacBook Pros
- Bonus savings on 100s of Macs (and AppleCare too) with promo code APINSIDER at Adorama
- Amazon's Toys We Love list is here
- Software steals: $199 Rosetta Stone lifetime subscription, $249 lifetime Babbel subscription, $29.99 Microsoft Office for Mac Home & Business 2021, $19.99 Sam's Club 1-year membership & more in the AppleInsider Shop
Current Apple Price Trackers
There are plenty of Apple deals that can save you hundreds of dollars on your Mac, iPad, or Apple Watch purchase this holiday season. Be sure to visit the AppleInsider Price Guide for the cheapest Apple prices on fan-favorite devices.
Shop Black Friday Deals by category
Jump to deals on individual product types below or scroll down for what to expect across Apple's product lines.
Top deal: AirPods Pro 2 $229 ($30 off) at Amazon
There are several types of AirPods available from Apple, and they are all discounted in some way at top retailers. Anything from the new AirPods Pro 2 to the premium AirPods Max can be found on sale leading up to Nov. 25.
Apple AirPods have been a hot product over the Thanksgiving weekend and the same is expected for 2022. AirPods prices have already dipped to $79.
We'll be tracking the best AirPods Black Friday deals throughout Q4.
Apple AirPods Pro 2
Apple AirPods Pro 2 have a new H2 chip, Adaptive Transparency, and Touch control on the stem.
Use coupon code APINSIDER with this pricing link in the same browsing session to save $10 on AirPods Pro 2.
Spotlight deals: Every M2 MacBook Air discounted by up to $200 with promo code APINSIDER, plus $40 off AppleCare at Adorama
The MacBook Air is a hot seller thanks to its low entry price and competitive feature set. And with the release of the M2 MacBook Air in early 2022, shoppers can take advantage of the all-new design and Apple Silicon M2 chip. Those looking for the cheapest MacBook Air can still order the M1 model, which starts at $999 (retail). Sale prices have recently knocked the base model down to $799.
Configurations of both the M1 and M2 models are on sale, with exclusive savings at Adorama knocking up to $150 off the systems and $40 off AppleCare when you shop through this activation link and enter promo code APINSIDER during checkout. Find the best MacBook Air Black Friday deals in our Price Guide.
MacBook Air M2
Apple's 2022 MacBook Air features the M2 chip and comes in your choice of four finishes.
Use coupon code APINSIDER with this pricing link in the same browsing session. Plus, save $40 on AppleCare.
Back in stock: standard 14-inch MacBook Pro for $1,599.99
Apple sells three models of MacBook Pro, each targeted at specific use cases based on user preference. The 13-inch MacBook Pro has an M2 processor and still retains the Touch Bar. The 14-inch MacBook Pro and 16-inch MacBook Pro have identical feature sets, but the larger model will have a thermal advantage thanks to its size.
The robust MacBook Pro lineup will be discounted on Black Friday and Cyber Monday at a variety of Apple resellers. Current early Black Friday MacBook Pro deals found at the top of this page knock up to $700 off the high-end MacBook line, all of which are tracked in our roundup. You can also compare prices easily across leading Apple retailers in our Mac Price Guide.
Apple 14" & 16" MacBook Pro
Apple's latest MacBook Pro 14-inch and 16-inch comes with three Thunderbolt 4 ports, an HDMI port, SDXC card slot, and MagSafe 3 port.
Use coupon code APINSIDER with this pricing link in the same browsing session.
Cheapest price: 9th Gen iPad (64GB, Wi-Fi) on sale for $299 ($30 off)
The iPad lineup is more complex than ever with different tablets that fulfill different needs at various prices. The budget 10.2-inch iPad may have an aging design, but it is still capable of running any iPad app on the App Store. The 2022 10.9-inch iPad, iPad mini and iPad Air will appeal to those who want a modern design and great performance without a pro price tag. The iPad Pros act as flagship devices capable of replacing a laptop.
Apple's line of iPads continues to be a hot seller during the holiday season. Discounts are in effect across the iPad range in our iPad Price Guide).
iPad 10th Generation
Equipped with a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display and A14 Bionic chip, the iPad 10th Generation supports the first-gen Apple Pencil.
2022 release: $50 off Apple Watch Ultra
With the release of the Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch Ultra in September 2022, the latest models are a hot holiday gift idea. AT&T is running a promotion offering $200 in credits on Apple Watches when you buy 2. There are terms and conditions pertaining to the offer, but it's a great way to save a bundle on a watch for yourself and give another as a gift.
This and other Apple Watch Black Friday deals are at your fingertips throughout the holiday season.
Apple Watch Series 8
The Apple Watch Series 8 is crack resistant, dust resistant and water resisant.
Use coupon code APINSIDER with this pricing link in the same browsing session to save $10 on AppleCare.
Black Friday deals by store
With individual retailers having specific membership perks and store cards, these were some of the Black Friday deals offered in 2022.
Amazon is a hot spot to shop for aggressive Black Friday deals on Apple, with the ecommerce giant often having the cheapest price on the latest AirPods. This year is no exception, with 2nd Generation AirPods Pro currently on sale for $234 — the lowest price seen to date on the hot holiday gift idea. Beats are also up to 33% off, along with up to half off kitchen electronics, podcasting equipment, smart home thermostats and more.
AirPods & Beats
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Gen): $199.99 ($50 off)
- Beats Studio 3 Wireless Over-ear Headphones: $149.99 (57% off)
- Beats Fit Pro Earbuds: $159.95 (20% off)
- Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds: $149.95 (40% off) at Amazon
- Beats Studio Buds: $89.95 (40% off) at Amazon
Apple TV 4K
- 2022 Apple TV 4K WiFi (64GB): $123.49 ($6 off)
- 2022 Apple TV 4K WiFi + Ethernet (128GB): $142.49 ($7 off)
- 2021 Apple TV 4K (64GB): $99.99
- Apple Watch Ultra (Orange Alpine Loop, Medium or Large Band): $739 ($60 off)
- Apple Watch Series 8 (41mm, GPS + Cellular, Graphite Stainless, Milanese Loop): $699 ($50 off)
- Apple Watch Series 8 (41mm, GPS + Cellular, Gold Stainless, Gold Milanese Loop): $699 ($50 off)
- AirTag single pack: $24.98 (14% off)
- AirTag 4-pack: $79.99 ($20 off)
iPads & iPad accessories
- iPad 9th Gen (64GB, Wi-Fi): $269.99 ($60 off)
- iPad mini 6 (64GB, Wi-Fi): $399.99 ($100 off)
- iPad Air 5 (64GB, Wi-Fi): $499.99 ($100 off)
- 2022 11" iPad Pro (M2, 128GB, Wi-Fi) Silver: $759 ($40 off)
- 2021 12.9" iPad Pro (M1, 1TB, Wi-Fi) Space Gray: $1,249.99 ($550 off)
- Apple Smart Keyboard for 10.5" iPad Pro and iPad Air: $64.99 ($105 off) with promo code APINSIDER at Adorama
- 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 8C CPU, 14C GPU, 16GB, 512GB): $1,599.99 ($400 off)
- 14" MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 10C CPU, 16C GPU, 16GB, 1TB) Silver: $1,999.99 ($500 off)
Apple Authorized Reseller Adorama has slashed prices on hundreds of Mac and iPad Pro configurations with coupon code APINSIDER
B&H is throwing an Apple-themed Deal Zone this November 28th, discounting a loaded M1 MacBook Air by $450 off.
Best Buy launched its early Black Friday Sale on October 24, 2022 and hundreds of electronics are up to 56% off. You can also save on home appliances, toys and games, and fitness equipment from popular brands.
- Save up to $500 on Apple hardware
- Save up to 50% on open box computers, tablets, home appliances & more
Target is headlining its Black Friday preview with discounts of up to $80 off on Apple AirPods. And for items purchased between Oct. 6 and Dec. 24, Target is offering a holiday price match guarantee against its own prices. Shop the sale and learn more about the holiday price match guarantee at Target.com.
Walmart's Black Friday Deals for Days event is already live, with first-generation AirPods Pro the highlight of the sale for Apple fans. Bargain hunters can also pick up a Google Nest Mini (2nd Gen) for just $18 and find preschool toys for $5.
- AirPods Pro (1st Gen): $159 ($90 off)
- Save $250 on the iPhone 12 with qualifying activation. Terms & conditions apply.
- LG 32-inch UltraGear QHD (2560x1440) 165Hz HDR 10 Monitor: $200 ($150 off)
- Google Nest Mini (2nd Generation): $18 ($31 off)
Samsung has issued its own Black Friday in October sale, delivering discounts of up to $3,000 off 2022 models in The Frame, Neo QLED and OLED lineup.
The Frame TV (2022 models)
- 43-inch The Frame 4K was $999.99, now $799.99 ($200 off)
- 50-inch The Frame 4K was $1,299.99, now $899.99 ($400 off)
- 55-inch The Frame 4K was $1,499.99, now $999.99 ($500 off)
- 65-inch The Frame 4K was $1,999.99, now $1,599.99 ($400 off)
- 75-inch The Frame 4K was $2,999.99, now $1,999.99 ($1,000 off)
- 85-inch The Frame 4K was $4,299.99, now $3,299.99 ($1,000 off)
Samsung OLED TVs
- 55-inch S95B OLED 4K Smart TV was $2,199.99, now $1,599.99 ($600 off)
- 65-inch S95B OLED 4K Smart TV was $3,599.99, now $1,999.99 ($1,000 off)
Neo QLED 4K TVs
- 65-inch QN90B Neo 4K was $2,599.99, now $1,599.99 ($1,000 off)
- 65-inch QN95B Neo 4K was $3,299.99, now $2,399.99 ($900 off)
Neo QLED 8K TVs
- 65-inch QN900B Neo 8K was $4,999.99, now $3,299.99 ($1,700 off)
- 75-inch QN900B Neo 8K was $6,499.99, now $4,499.99 ($2,000 off)
- 85-inch QN900A Neo 8K was $8,499.99, now $5,499.99 ($3,000 off)
Past Apple Black Friday Sales
Past Apple Black Friday Sales With Black Friday comes some of the year's best deals on computers and electronics, including Apple devices. Historically, third-party retailers have offered steep instant discounts on a wide range of Apple products, from iPad to MacBook Pro, typically beating Apple Store promotions. In most years, including 2020, Apple issued gift cards with qualifying products, while Apple Authorized Resellers offered even bigger cash discounts on select items.
Apple Black Friday FAQ
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday falls on November 25, 2022.
When does Black Friday start?
Although Black Friday officially starts on November 25, 2022, sales have started sooner, with pre-Black Friday deals launching as early as mid-October and online Black Friday deals going live on Thanksgiving Day. With supply chain shortages still in effect on categories like computers to toys, shoppers have been getting a head start on holiday shopping in 2022.
Why is it called Black Friday?
The term Black Friday originally referred to the crash of the U.S. gold market on September 24, 1869.
However, in a shopping context, the name was used in Philadelphia in the 1950s. Philly police first used the term to describe the chaotic shopping day when they had to work long hours and weren't allowed to take the day off.
Philadelphia stores didn't like the term and tried to rebrand it as "Big Friday." Retailers tried a different form of rebranding in the 1980s, erroneously explaining that it was the day when businesses, previously operating at a loss throughout the year, got "back in black." Neither attempt at rewriting history caught on.
The name spread gradually. In the 80s, media coverage started to grow, and people nationwide began using the term more frequently. By the 90s, it increasingly became a household name for the day after Thanksgiving and the kickoff to the holiday shopping season.
How will the COVID-19 pandemic affect Black Friday?
During the pandemic, huge crowds cramming into stores would have posed a significant health risk. Rather than risking superspreader events, retailers in 2020 focused more on online sales and earlier deals, with less emphasis on door-busting in-store sales.
Supply chain shortages have been affecting multiple industries, including computers, electronics, and toys, and shoppers have been encouraged to pick up gifts earlier than before to avoid items selling out or prolonged wait times.
Does Apple have Black Friday sales?
Apple does offer Black Friday deals, but historically the promotions have offered shoppers free Apple gift cards with select purchases instead of reduced Apple prices.
In 2020, Apple included gift cards ranging from $25 with the purchase of Beats Studio Flex up to a $200 gift card with select Mac purchases.
Apple resellers typically shave hundreds of dollars off Macs and even iPads, beating Apple's own Black Friday deals. Expect something similar in 2022.
Can I expect better Apple deals from other retailers?
Third-party retailers will typically give you the best Apple deals.
Significant savings on Apple products can bring in crowds, so retailers like Target, Walmart, and Best Buy often use deals on products like iPad, Apple Watch, and AirPods to drive customers into their stores. Their goal is for buyers to do the rest of their shopping there at the same time.
Looking at historical data, in 2021, Apple resellers took up to $250 off iPad Pros, Amazon had AirPods Pro for $169, and B&H took $370 off an Intel Mac mini.
When is the best time to shop?
Physical stores and online retailers are increasingly offering Black Friday deals earlier each year. Best Buy last year gave TotalTech members guaranteed Black Friday pricing on select products to offer peace of mind and capture shopping dollars ahead of the competition. With limited inventory on popular Mac configurations, you can expect to see deals sell out quickly, making it worthwhile to shop ahead of Black Friday for must-have holiday gifts.
Which retailers have the best Apple Black Friday deals?
Until all the big stores have released their deals, there's no way to know for sure. Sale flyers frequently begin leaking in the preceding weeks.
Some of the most well-known retail outlets like Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy offer eye-catching Apple sales. If you have a membership, you can also keep an eye on warehouse clubs like Costco and Sam's Club. Other Apple Authorized Resellers like B&H Photo, Adorama, and Expercom frequently have steep discounts on Macs and other Apple gear, with many of the season's best deals available exclusively to AppleInsider readers.
AppleInsider will continue to track all the best sales through the Thanksgiving weekend, so be sure to check in regularly and bookmark this page to make sure you're first to see the best Apple Black Friday deals.