Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.2.8 6R73Apple has, once again, begun seeding Apple Developer Connection members with builds of Mac OS X 10.2.8, sources tell AppleInsider.
Last week, the company publicly released build 6R65 via its Software Update mechanism, only to revoke it hours later due to an Ethernet bug which prevented certain Macs from sustaining their internet connection. Plans to re-release a build of Mac OS X 10.2.8 later that week were foiled when a number of additional bug reports began to surface.
"We've discovered issues that affect Bluetooth, the Dock, a number of PowerBook models and so forth," on source said. "There's a possibility that testing of [Mac OS X 10.2.8] was overshadowed by builds of Mac OS X Panther, and this was the end result."
The new seed — build 6R73 — updates Macs running Mac OS X 10.2.6. An unconfirmed rumor states that the company may also release a 'Mac OS X 10.2.8 Update 1' build for users who've already installed Mac OS X 10.2.8 build 6R65.
On Topic: General
- How virtual and augmented reality could play a role in Apple's future
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch