Apple Cinema Display updateAccording to a new report, Apple plans to hold off the introduction of new Cinema Displays until the introduction of the second generation Power Mac G5 models. Next generation displays have been rumored for the last 6 months, but according to sources, are not of high priority on Apple's list of revenue generating hardware.
A number of recent reports have corroborated previous rumors pertaining to the displays, including titanium/aluminum enclosures and the existence of a 30" Apple Cinema HD display. One source claims to have seen the 30" display and marks its release as imminent, while a second report says that an official release of the liquid crystal mammoth is still 'under consideration.'
The second generation of G5 Power Macs have been rumored for a timeframe that spans from as early as January, to a more conservative mid-March.
On Topic: General
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon
- Irish minister says EU probe into Apple tax dodges should reach finding by end of 2015
- Laurene Powell Jobs 'repeatedly' tried to halt Universal's Steve Jobs film, report says