Tuesday, December 02, 2003, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple Cinema Display updateAccording to a new report, Apple plans to hold off the introduction of new Cinema Displays until the introduction of the second generation Power Mac G5 models. Next generation displays have been rumored for the last 6 months, but according to sources, are not of high priority on Apple's list of revenue generating hardware.
A number of recent reports have corroborated previous rumors pertaining to the displays, including titanium/aluminum enclosures and the existence of a 30" Apple Cinema HD display. One source claims to have seen the 30" display and marks its release as imminent, while a second report says that an official release of the liquid crystal mammoth is still 'under consideration.'
The second generation of G5 Power Macs have been rumored for a timeframe that spans from as early as January, to a more conservative mid-March.
On Topic: General
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance
- Apple quietly improves loyalty pricing for businesses, educational institutions
- Samsung appeals final judgment in first Apple v. Samsung California trial, drops asserted SEPs from second
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ