Duke University freshman to get iPods [Updated]Following its announcement of the 4th-generation iPods this morning, Apple Computer, Inc. that this fall Duke University will give iPods to all incoming freshman.
"Duke will hand out approximately 1,800 iPods that will be pre-loaded with Duke-related content and will allow students to download supplementary university material in addition to being able to play music," according to CBSMarketWatch report.
Mac enthusiast site, MacRumors had hinted at such a deal in an unconfirmed blurb published by the publication last week.
A customized version of the iTunes Music Store will reportedly allow students to buy music and download class information.
Duke and Apple have characterized the effort as a pilot program, but said that students will be able to keep their iPods either way.
On Topic: General
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores
- Congress won't consider mandatory encryption bill after Apple battle - report
- Apple can add 62M iOS users in India but it won't be easy, analyst says