Briefly: Apple seeds Java 1.4.2 Update 2 Final Candidate, Xsan 7N137Apple is preparing to release an update to Java that will correct a number of issues that were introduced with the most recent Mac OS X distribution.
Java 1.4.2 Update 2 FC
Apple Computer on Wednesday provided its developers with a limited distribution seeding of its Java 1.4.2 Update 2, which the company is targeting at a limited set of regressions introduced by Java 1.4.2 Update 1.
In the notes accompanying the software, Apple reportedly told developers that the current build is being considered as a final candidate for release, and therefore the company will be a limiting feedback time on the build to one week.
Sources say that Java 1.4.2 Update 2 will feature overall applet support improvements in Safari, correct behavior when LiveConnect is used on a cold launch of Safari, drag and drop improvements, and double-byte input method fixes.
The update currently weighs in at just a tad over 26 MB and is expected to see an official release later this month.
Xsan build 7N137
Meanwhile, after pulling Xsan build 7N135 from its developer servers earlier this week with no explanation, Apple on Tuesday provided developers with a replacement seed of the software labeled Xsan build 7N137.
Xsan—due later this fall—is the company\'s high-performance SAN file system for Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: New Macs, Apple Watch update, TV plans & more
- Apple bolsters Maps with more business listings data providers
- Apple attends 'spy summit' to discuss data privacy, mass surveillance issues
- AppleInsider podcast discusses new Macs, Apple Watch update & Wall Street analysts
- Rumor: Delayed Kanye West album could debut on Apple's streaming music service