Tuesday, November 23, 2004, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S206According to sources, Apple has seeded the second external build of Mac OS X 10.3.7 and is actively distributing recent builds of Tiger on DVD discs.
Apple Computer this week provided its "Select" and "Premier" Apple Developer Connection (ADC) members with the second pre-release seed of Mac OS X 10.3.7.
With the new build, labeled Mac OS X 10.3.7 build 7S206, Apple asked that developers focus their testing efforts around FireWire Audio, Graphics, OpenGL, and Printing. Last week, the company seeded build 7S202 and noted changes to CoreGraphics, CoreFoundation, and domain name lookup.
In the developer notes accompanying the latest build, Apple also noted that SMB printing between Mac OS X 10.3.7 and Windows Server 2003 is now operational.
A full list of changes expected in Mac OS X 10.3.7 was published in a previous report, which covered internal seeds of the system update.
In related news, several developers have reportedly received their Tiger developer kits, containing DVD versions of the recently seeded builds of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger Client (8A294) and Sever (8A297).
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple