Apple releases AirPort software updatesApple Computer today released AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 and AirPort Extreme Firmware 5.5.1.
AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 features improvements to the AirPort's hard reset behavior, the reliability of WDS networks when using WPA security, and passive FTP. The update also fixes an issue with certain printers which were no longer recognized by the base station after the 6.1 firmware update was installed.
AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.1.1 resolves a potential problem with PPPoE configurations when updating from 5.4 or earlier. Additionally, the update features all of the improvements available from the (above) AirPort Extreme Firmware updater.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative
- Undercover video shows alleged worker rights violations at Apple supplier
- Canada court orders Apple divulge documents in iPhone anti-competition probe
- Apple's World AIDS Day campaign raised over $20M for (RED) foundation
- Apple Pay job listing hints at upcoming international rollout in EMEIA