Apple releases AirPort software updatesApple Computer today released AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 and AirPort Extreme Firmware 5.5.1.
AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 features improvements to the AirPort\'s hard reset behavior, the reliability of WDS networks when using WPA security, and passive FTP. The update also fixes an issue with certain printers which were no longer recognized by the base station after the 6.1 firmware update was installed.
AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.1.1 resolves a potential problem with PPPoE configurations when updating from 5.4 or earlier. Additionally, the update features all of the improvements available from the (above) AirPort Extreme Firmware updater.
On Topic: General
- Band of thieves swipe $13K in iPhones from busy Apple store
- AT&T reportedly held informal talks to buy Time Warner
- Unimplemented one-handed keyboard found in Xcode iOS debugging tool
- Nintendo doubles down on portables, reveals Nintendo Switch tablet-based console
- Google signs up CBS for upcoming YouTube Unplugged live TV service - report