Monday, December 20, 2004, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple releases AirPort software updatesApple Computer today released AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 and AirPort Extreme Firmware 5.5.1.
AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 features improvements to the AirPort's hard reset behavior, the reliability of WDS networks when using WPA security, and passive FTP. The update also fixes an issue with certain printers which were no longer recognized by the base station after the 6.1 firmware update was installed.
AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.1.1 resolves a potential problem with PPPoE configurations when updating from 5.4 or earlier. Additionally, the update features all of the improvements available from the (above) AirPort Extreme Firmware updater.
On Topic: General
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech
- Judge voices concern over Apple's $450M e-book settlement, says may hurt consumers
- Apple concept would automatically enable iOS 'Do Not Disturb' mode during exercise