Monday, December 20, 2004, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple releases AirPort software updatesApple Computer today released AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 and AirPort Extreme Firmware 5.5.1.
AirPort Express Firmware Update 6.1.1 features improvements to the AirPort's hard reset behavior, the reliability of WDS networks when using WPA security, and passive FTP. The update also fixes an issue with certain printers which were no longer recognized by the base station after the 6.1 firmware update was installed.
AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.1.1 resolves a potential problem with PPPoE configurations when updating from 5.4 or earlier. Additionally, the update features all of the improvements available from the (above) AirPort Extreme Firmware updater.
On Topic: General
- US carriers agree to standard set of rules for unlocking phones, tablets
- Apple's own medical experts say death at Pegatron not related to working conditions
- Apple looks to curb Web browser UI spoofing using real-time camera images
- Apple scores court win in South Korea as judge tosses Samsung patent suit
- Apple's 'Hour of Code' workshops take kids hands-on with coding