Wednesday, March 02, 2005, 08:50 am
iTunes Music Store downloads surpass 300 millionApple today announced that music fans have purchased and downloaded more than 300 million songs from the iTunes Music Store. Additionally, the benefit single "Across the Universe, available exclusively on the iTunes Music Store, debuted as number 22 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart making it the most successful exclusive digital track ever in its first week of release. "Were honored to offer "Across the Universe" exclusively on the iTunes Music Store with all proceeds going to tsunami survivors and their families," said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of Applications.
On Topic: General
- Google's Motorola issues second appeal of dismissed ITC case against Apple
- South Australia's first Apple Store draws line hours ahead of opening [update: photos and video]
- Rains once more cause damage at Apple's Fifth Avenue NY store
- Steve Jobs's family has been giving money away anonymously for more than 2 decades
- Judge says evidence will likely show Apple culpable in e-book price fixing case