Thursday, April 28, 2005, 01:45 pm PT (04:45 pm ET)
Apple files for \"Jam Box\" trademarkApple Computer on April 18th filed for a trademark on the phrase "Jam Box," which seemingly refers to the controversial FireWire-based Asteroid breakout box that has become the center of an ongoing lawsuit. In the filing with the United States Patent and Trademark office, Apple describes Jam Box as "computer hardware; computer software; computer peripherals, namely audio production systems comprised of computer hardware and software for composing, recording, creating, converting, enhancing, processing, amplifying, mixing, manipulating, and playing audio signals."
On Topic: General
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor
- First look: Using iBeacon location awareness at an Apple Store
- Apple spent $60 million on Samsung suit, attempts to recoup $15.7 million
- WSJ blasts Apple e-books antitrust judge in scathing editorial