Thursday, April 28, 2005, 01:45 pm PT (04:45 pm ET)
Apple files for \"Jam Box\" trademarkApple Computer on April 18th filed for a trademark on the phrase "Jam Box," which seemingly refers to the controversial FireWire-based Asteroid breakout box that has become the center of an ongoing lawsuit. In the filing with the United States Patent and Trademark office, Apple describes Jam Box as "computer hardware; computer software; computer peripherals, namely audio production systems comprised of computer hardware and software for composing, recording, creating, converting, enhancing, processing, amplifying, mixing, manipulating, and playing audio signals."
On Topic: General
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]
- Apple Store logos and employee uniforms go green for Earth Day