Apple releases QuickTime 7.0 for PantherApple today released QuickTime 7 for Mac OS X \"Panther,\" which was developed under the code-name \"Gibson.\" The update provides a vast array of new features, including: H.264 video support, live player resize, zero-configuration streaming, surround sound, new and improved playback controls and an all-new content guide. Users who pay a $30 upgrade fee to QuickTime 7.0 Pro will gain access to advanced features such as: audio and video recording, simplified movie sharing, full-screen floating controls, H.264 video creation, surround audio creation, concurrent exports, improved movie authoring, AAC constant-quality encoding and 3G streaming content creation. Mac OS X 10.3 \"Panther\" users can access the update from the Software Update mechanism located in the Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: 'Apple Car' delayed, new iOS 10 & macOS betas, 'iPhone 7' leaks & more
- Hacker who targeted celebrity Apple and Google accounts sentenced six months in prison
- US appeals court vacates Apple win in Unwired Planet patent suit
- Apple retakes top spot in FutureBrand 'perception strength' rankings
- Why Alphabet's Nest doesn't (and probably won't ever) support Apple's HomeKit