Friday, April 29, 2005, 06:30 am PT (09:30 am ET)
Apple releases QuickTime 7.0 for PantherApple today released QuickTime 7 for Mac OS X "Panther," which was developed under the code-name "Gibson." The update provides a vast array of new features, including: H.264 video support, live player resize, zero-configuration streaming, surround sound, new and improved playback controls and an all-new content guide. Users who pay a $30 upgrade fee to QuickTime 7.0 Pro will gain access to advanced features such as: audio and video recording, simplified movie sharing, full-screen floating controls, H.264 video creation, surround audio creation, concurrent exports, improved movie authoring, AAC constant-quality encoding and 3G streaming content creation. Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" users can access the update from the Software Update mechanism located in the Apple menu.
On Topic: General
- First Look: SETA stand for iPad with NanoSuction pads
- Tim Cook visits veterans and doctors at Palo Alto VA hospital, staff using iPads
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception