Tuesday, June 14, 2005, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Stanford posts transcript and video of Jobs\' speechSeveral readers have pointed out that Stanford University has now posted both a text transcript and video excerpt (right sidebar) from Apple chief executive Steve Jobs' commencement address on June 12, 2005. During the speech, Jobs said: "When I was 17 I read a quote that went something like, "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "no" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."
On Topic: General
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial
- Spotify adds new hardware partners for Apple AirPlay rival Spotify Connect
- LaCie unveils 48TB Thunderbolt 2 drive, Dropbox upgrades Pro plans to 1TB