Stanford posts transcript and video of Jobs\' speechSeveral readers have pointed out that Stanford University has now posted both a text transcript and video excerpt (right sidebar) from Apple chief executive Steve Jobs\' commencement address on June 12, 2005. During the speech, Jobs said: \"When I was 17 I read a quote that went something like, \"If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you\'ll most certainly be right.\" It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, \"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?\" And whenever the answer has been \"no\" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.\"
On Topic: General
- Elon Musk walks back Apple Car, Apple Watch aspersions in Twitter confessional
- Obama administration opts to avoid mandatory decryption for law enforcement requests
- Apple search partner DuckDuckGo takes shots at Google, says tracking isn't needed to profit
- AppleInsider podcast goes to the movies, talks Steve Jobs, iMac rumors, Microsoft & more
- Elon Musk calls Apple the 'Tesla Graveyard,' pooh-poohs rumored Apple Car