Thursday, September 08, 2005, 11:00 am PT (02:00 pm ET)
First look at Apple\'s new iPod nano (photos)A first look at Apple's new iPod nano digital music player
Apple's new flash memory-based iPod nano has been available to the public only for a matter of hours. Most Apple retail stores are reporting stock of the new digital music players but say they expect sell through their first shipments by evening. According to our checks, the average retail store received less than one thousand units.
The black iPod nano is expected to become scarce over the next few days, as it appears that Apple is only shipping one black nano for every five to eight white nanos. In the few hours the players have been on the market, the black nanos appear to be outselling the white models in some stores.
We'll have a lot more to say about the new iPod nano in the coming days. In the meantime, below you will find our first look at the players in the form of a 32 image gallery.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon