Apple media event to kick-off tomorrow at noonApple Computer is scheduled to host a special media event tomorrow afternoon on Manhattan\'s west side, the third such event in less than six weeks.
According to sources, the Mac maker will utilize a small conference room inside the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center to unveil its latest professional Macintosh products. The event is slated to begin at 12:00pm eastern time.
In a digital invitation sent to the media late last week, Apple said: \"Please join us for a special press conference on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo 2005 as we unveil Apple\'s latest pro innovations.\"
The invitation is jet black and sports a large camera lens as a teaser. Earlier reports had hinted that a significant photography-related announcement would accompany the introduction of new PowerBooks and dual-core Power Macs at the event.
PhotoPlus Expo is also being held inside the Javits Center, running from October 20th through the 22nd.
Earlier this week Apple\'s 15-inch and 17-inch PowerBook G4 models saw lead times extended to 3 to 5 business days at the company\'s online store. Likewise, all Power Mac G5 models are also showing increased wait times.
On Topic: General
- Judge tosses key claims in Monster lawsuit against Beats
- Apple debuts new 2TB iCloud storage option for $19.99 per month
- Google to bring Waze ridesharing San Francisco-wide, may set stage for driverless service
- BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling