Apple quietly plans massive presence at PhotoPlus ExpoAlthough it has yet to announce such plans, Apple Computer is expected to have the largest presence of any exhibitor at this week\'s PhotoPlus Expo in Manhattan, AppleInsider has learned.
The three day conference targets the photographic and imaging industries and is scheduled to run from Oct 20th through Oct 22nd at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
In a very exclusive digital invite to members of the media last week, Apple announced that it would hold a special event inside the same venue on the eve of the expo to introduce its \"latest pro innovations.\"
The invitations were black and contained an image of a large camera lens.
Sources familiar with Apple\'s product plans say the Mac maker is set to introduce new PowerBooks, Power Macs and make a significant photography-related product announcement at the event
Additionally, AppleInsider has now been told that Apple plans to hang around the PhotoPlus Expo for the three days that will follow (as an exhibitor). In fact, documents show the company to have registered booth number 338 — the largest exhibition space on the show floor.
Organizers for PhotoPlus Expo failed to return phone calls regarding Apple\'s exhibition plans.
It appears that Apple has gone through extensive measures to keep its planned presence at the expo a secret until now, further fueling speculation as to what new products it plans to introduce and show.
Other exhibitors scheduled to have a large presence at PhotoPlus include Adobe, Hewlett-Packard, Canon, Epson, Olympus, Fuji, Nikon, and Kodak.
On Topic: General
- Future watch: new Ethernet standard to bring 2.5 and 5 Gbit/sec speeds to existing cabling
- This week on AI: 'Touch bar' MacBook Pro in late Oct., all-glass casing on 2017 iPhones & more
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel