Apple updates iTunes, QuickTime, 15-inch PowerBook softwareFollowing its opening presentation this morning at Macworld Expo in San Francisco, Apple issues software updates for iTunes, QuickTime, and 15-inch PowerBook batteries.
All three updates were made available through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism.
With iTunes 6, users can preview, buy, and download over 2,000 music videos and hit TV shows on the iTunes Music Store and sync their music and purchased videos with iPod to enjoy on the go. To watch purchased videos, you must have QuickTime 7.0.3 or later and Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
iTunes 6.0.2 includes stability and performance improvements over iTunes 6.0.1, Apple said in a brief set of notes accompanying the software. The company also notes: after purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to the latest version of iTunes.
QuickTime 7.0.4 is "an important release that delivers numerous bug fixes, support for iLife '06, and H.264 performance improvements." The update is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.
Aluminum PowerBook (15-inch) Battery Update
Apple said Aluminum PowerBook (15-inch) Battery Update aids the 15-inch Aluminum PowerBook battery in performing at full capacity.
On Topic: General
- Apple Pay job listing hints at upcoming international rollout in EMEIA
- Judge rules videotaped Steve Jobs deposition to remain out of public eye
- How to use iCloud Drive on the Web, iOS and OS X
- TAG Heuer to take on Apple Watch with smartwatch initiative, plans acquisitions
- Work on Apple's new Union Square site begins as existing San Francisco store gets Winter Walk