Apple Europe boss to deliver London music keynotePascal Cagni, Apple\'s general manager and vice president for Europe, the Middle East and Africa will speak at a London digital music conference next week, notes Macworld UK.
The European Apple boss is slated to deliver the keynote presentation at the Jupiter Research Plug.IN Digital Music Forum, which will take place in London on March 15.
Apple dominates the fast-expanding European music download market, according to Jupiter Research analysts, who recently revealed that Europe\'s legitimate digital music market was worth 192 million in 2005, 267 percent more than in 2004.
Jupiter Research analyst Mark Mulligan said that just 5 percent of European Internet users paid for digital music in 2005.
\"Apple dominates the market, so a large share of what we\'re seeing is actually the success of Apple rather than digital music as a whole,\" he observed, with new mobile and music subscription services ready to enter the market.
The free admission event will also feature JupiterResearch analyst presentations and round table discussions featuring other leading industry experts.
In the next 30 days, Apple will also have a presence at the Photo Imaging Expo in Tokyo, Japan; the Musikmesse music trade show in Frankfurt, Germany; and the IPEX 2006 print, imaging and media expo in Birmingham, UK.
On Topic: General
- Immersion files lawsuit, ITC complaint against Apple's haptic technology
- Apple slapped with class action suit over Touch ID-related 'Error 53' code
- Apple Maps vans operating around the clock in run-up to 'iOS 10' debut
- Apple invention uses Apple Watch to auto adjust iPhone alert volume
- Standalone HBO Now subscriptions at 800,000, says network's CEO