Wednesday, September 20, 2006, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple posts Mac Pro, other software updatesApple Computer on Tuesday posted several software updates pertinent to users of its new Mac Pro desktops. The Mac maker also recently issued minor updates to both Front Row and QuickTime.
Mac Pro (mid 2006) EFI Firmware Update 1.0
This EFI Firmware Update (1.8MB) fixes several Boot Camp and start up issues on Mac Pro computers.
Firmware Restoration CD 1.1
This update (14.5MB) is used to restore the firmware of an Intel-based iMac (early & mid 2006), Mac mini (early 2006), MacBook Pro (early 2006), Mac Book (early 2006), or Mac Pro (mid 2006) to original factory condition.
Mac Pro SMC Firmware Update
The SMC Firmware Update () adjusts fan behavior in the Mac Pro.
Front Row 1.3
This Front Row update (4.5MB) provides for improved iTunes compatibility.
QuickTime 7.1.3 (48.1MB) is an important release that delivers numerous bug fixes and addresses critical security issues. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users and is required for playback of content purchased in the iTunes Store.
On Topic: General
- US carriers agree to standard set of rules for unlocking phones, tablets
- Apple's own medical experts say death at Pegatron not related to working conditions
- Apple looks to curb Web browser UI spoofing using real-time camera images
- Apple scores court win in South Korea as judge tosses Samsung patent suit
- Apple's 'Hour of Code' workshops take kids hands-on with coding