Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard build 9A283Apple Computer this week released to developers the first pre-release update of its next-generation Leopard operating system since the initial preview in early August.
According to a post on MacRumors, the Cupertino, Calif.-based company on Thursday made available its Select and Premier Apple Developer Connection members Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard build 9A283.
The latest offering is believed to be just the third external build of Leopard, including a subtle Software Update-based revision in September that brought Leopard Preview to build 9A241e from build 9A241.
Build 9A283 delivers "Significant user interface changes to iCal" and "Basic editing in Preview," according to the report. It also adds "new Parental Controls [...] for content filtering, apps, and curfews" and "3D audio cues to indicate locations of items on the screen in the VoiceOver screen reader."
Meanwhile, a separate posting adds that the latest build delivers live previews in the print panel, Spotlight Preview streaming in iChat Theater mode, and Quick Look Spotlight support for PDF, HTML, Web Archives, Text, QuickTime movies and sound.
Several known issues reportedly remain with the latest builds of Leopard, which is due for release during the first half of 2007.
On Topic: General
- Natalie Portman rumored for troubled Steve Jobs biopic
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari