Apple signs for flagship space in MunichApple has inked a deal with a Munich realtor for what will become the company's first retail outlet in Germany, a published report said Monday
According to wiwo.de, the consumer electronics maker plans to turn a five-story building in Marienplatz into a four-story flagship retail shop.
An architect's rendering accompanying the report appears to show that renovations to the location at 1 Rosenstrasse, formerly home to Sport Schuster, will include an all-glass facade and suspended Apple logo above the main entranceway.
The store, which will reportedly open sometime in the second half of 2008, is said to be just one of approximately five Apple retail locations planned for Germany.
Other locations are expected in Berlin and Frankfurt.
Architectural sketch of Apple Store Munich published by wiwo.de
On Topic: General
- Judge approves $415M settlement in Silicon Valley anti-poaching lawsuit
- Google Nexus event rumored for Sept. 29 with new phones, Android 6.0
- Motorola debuts second-gen Moto 360 smartwatch, first-gen Moto 360 Sport
- Hulu launches $12 'ad-free' streaming tier to fend off Netflix, other rivals
- Second Apple v. Samsung damages retrial set for March or April 2016