Apple signs for flagship space in MunichApple has inked a deal with a Munich realtor for what will become the company's first retail outlet in Germany, a published report said Monday
According to wiwo.de, the consumer electronics maker plans to turn a five-story building in Marienplatz into a four-story flagship retail shop.
An architect's rendering accompanying the report appears to show that renovations to the location at 1 Rosenstrasse, formerly home to Sport Schuster, will include an all-glass facade and suspended Apple logo above the main entranceway.
The store, which will reportedly open sometime in the second half of 2008, is said to be just one of approximately five Apple retail locations planned for Germany.
Other locations are expected in Berlin and Frankfurt.
Architectural sketch of Apple Store Munich published by wiwo.de
On Topic: General
- Microsoft begins warning users it will cut free OneDrive storage to 5GB, matching Apple's iCloud
- Apple chief Tim Cook to speak at Startup Fest Europe on May 24
- Apple's Tim Cook flying to meet Chinese officials later in May - report
- AppleInsider podcast talks 'Apple Pencil 2,' smart voice assistants, 'iPhone 7' and more
- Apple eyeing 800,000-square-foot property for autonomous car project, report says