Thursday, March 29, 2007, 05:00 pm PT (08:00 pm ET)
Apple updates AirPort Base Station software for Mac and PCApple on Thursday evening released a software update for its AirPort wireless base stations that offers general fixes and compatibility updates.
The release, labeled AirPort Base Station Update 2007-001, was made available separately for both Mac and Windows users.
A 12.7MB updater for Mac users includes changes to AirPort Utility, AirPort Disk Utility, AirPort Disk Agent and AirPort Admin Utility for Graphite and Snow Base Stations.
Meanwhile, a 5.0MB updater for Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista users offers improvements to AirPort Utility AirPort Disk Agent, and AirPort Disks Control Panel.
In the release notes accompanying the update, Apple noted that only previously installed software from those AirPort utilities mentioned above will be updated.
AirPort Utility v5.1 software for Windows and Mac OS X 10.4.x supports the AirPort Extreme Base Station with 802.11n, AirPort Extreme Base Station and AirPort Express Base Station.
On Topic: General
- Apple quietly improves loyalty pricing for businesses, educational institutions
- Samsung appeals final judgment in first Apple v. Samsung California trial, drops asserted SEPs from second
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink