Tuesday, May 01, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Steve Jobs to kick-off WWDC 2007Apple confirmed Tuesday that chief executive Steve Jobs will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 11, 2007 at San Franciscos Moscone West conference center.
Apple said it plans to use the event to show developers a feature complete version of Mac OS X Leopard and give them a beta copy to take home for final testing ahead of its October release.
The five-day WWDC event, scheduled to run from June 11 to June 15, will deliver more than 150 sessions and labs aimed at getting the most out of Leopard.
The conference will also include new content to serve a wide range of developers, including Mac OS X Immersion Monday, designed to quickly get developers who are new to the Mac up to speed; a content and media track that shows developers the best ways to integrate animation, motion graphics, video, rich-media and web-based content into their applications; and dozens of hands-on labs that offer a unique opportunity to work directly with Apple engineers.
Other activities at Apples WWDC 2007 include:
- presentations from Apple engineers who will provide an in-depth look at Leopard, from its open source foundation to new technologies and innovations like Xcode 3.0, Dashcode, Core Animation, Time Machine, iChat Theater and more;
- practical hands-on sessions where attendees can learn Apples own coding strategies and techniques for creating Cocoa bindings, building Automator actions and integrating iCal events into an application;
- technology labs where attendees can work one-on-one with Apple engineers on topics such as Cocoa, Open GL and AJAX; and
- special events, including the Apple Design Awards and Stump the Experts.
Cost & Registration
The five-day conference costs $1,595 (US) per attendee, with a $300 (US) Early Registration Discount that has been extended through May 11. Visit Apples WWDC website for registration and complete session details at developer.apple.com/wwdc.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance