Sunday, June 03, 2007, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple commercial confirms iPhone available June 29thA new AT&T Wireless commercial advertises that Apple's much-anticipated iPhone device will be available beginning June 29th.
The spot, which ran on CBS at approximately 7:00 p.m. eastern time,
includes a brief demonstration of some iPhone functions. It ends with an Apple-branded splash screen that states:
"Coming June 29"
AppleInsider recently cited sources in saying that Apple planned to launch the inaugural Apple handset on Friday, June 29th.
On Topic: General
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved
- Apple completed 29 acquisitions in past nine months, not including Beats
- NBA star Kobe Bryant discusses day with Apple's Jony Ive set up by simple cold call
- Apple granted comprehensive 'iTime' smartwatch patent with in-strap circuitry, arm gesture support
- New Apple ad shows off sticker-clad MacBook Airs, calls it 'the notebook people love'